The Globalstar GSP-1700 Satellite Phone allows you to connect to the data and people that matter most in the times and places that conventional communications do not always work. Read this Globalstar GSP-1700 Satellite Phone review and know why this is the ultimate satellite phone.
• Ergonomic design
• Backlit color display designed for optimal outdoor daytime viewing
• Lighted keypad
• Superior voice clarity
• Long-life battery: talk time – 4 hours and 36 hours standby
• Weighs 7.05 ounces
• Measures 5.3 inches (H) x 2.2 inches (W) x 1.5 inches (D)
The Globalstar GSP-1700 Satellite Phone features an ergonomic design. It keeps you in touch through data and voice service with coverage in more than 120 states where cellular service might not be available all the time. The Globalstar GSP-1700 is also built to last with its durable design. It offers superior voice clarity, allowing you to benefit from more natural voice discussions with minimal delay.
With an enhanced full color display, you can pick from various settings to improve visibility in your environment. An indicator informs you of the battery life’s status, so you will know when you have to recharge it. Roaming and home zone icons and a signal strength indicator also inform you of the service you are using.
To use the GSP-1700 SMART KEY option, press the SMART KEY button beneath it. These 2 bigger buttons allow you to navigate the main menu and have access to the phone book. Globalstar’s call quality is also unequaled because its low-earth orbiting satellites guarantee the least voice amount to facilitate clear natural discussions. The company delivers the best mobile satellite data rates for convenient internet, specialized data services and e-mail.
The optional data cable can connect directly to a USB port and the separate power port ensures real-time battery charging as well as data service. The scroll keys allow you to easily scroll through menu items and the message key gives you access to text message and voicemail menus. To end a call, turn the phone off or on or return to its main menu, all you need to do is to press the power/end key. The send key can be used to answer and make calls. Other features of the Globalstar GSP-1700 Satellite Phone include:
• Keypad lock. Prevents accidental dialing
• Bold styling. You can get it in silver, red or copper.
• Handheld ergonomics. It fits efficiently into the hand to make holding the phone and dialing more comfortable.
• Address book. It can store 99 separate entries to help in managing contacts in remote areas.
• Any key answer. With this feature, you don’t have to fumble for the answer key while you are traveling with other devices.
• Secret memory. It allows you to hide phone numbers to make sure they’re kept confidential.
Globalstar GSP-1700 Satellite Phone Review
At 5.3 inches x 2.2 inches x 1.5 inches and 7.05 ounces, the Globalstar GSP-1700 Satellite Phone is the smallest and lightest global mobile satellite phone out there. It’s one of the best investments when it comes to satellite phones today.